Saturday, March 20, 2010

Lots of Boxes--Thanks!

Since I got back to Afghanistan in late February, I have received dozens of boxes from generous folks back in the US.  The First Baptist Church in Girard, OH has sent two big shipments and they are now clothing a number of very poor children and keeping a woman's literacy clinic going in a village called Shibartu.

My old friends from Anchorage, AK, led by Marcus Reese, sent some wonderful stuff that is already helping Afghan Children.  And our new friend, Shelley George, a school teacher from NC, remembered the adults who care for children at the Samar Orphanage and sent them all coats!

Friends from bagram have also been sending stuff--Traeci Deveraux, John Michael and Mhairi Elliott and their friends.  Sorry if I missed anybody--send me a reminder taped to your next box!

And aren't websites great--almost every other day I get an e-mail or PayPal donation from somebody I don't even know (but wish I did).  I think we are going to do a lot of good here this year.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment